We don’t have a health crisis; we have a food crisis.
We are eating foods that damage our gut and poison the microbes. If the food we eat does not kill the beneficial bacteria, then we starve them to death by not eating enough prebiotics.
Or we wipe them out with antibiotics, over-use antibacterial soap, hand sanitizers and other environmental toxins. We are literally waging chemical warfare on ourselves.
This results in – depression, anxiety, food intolerances, inflammation in the gut, joints and body, sleep disorders, constipation and unlimited allergies. The list just goes on. IBS is the manifestation of an imbalance of microbes in the gut microbiome.
Could your gut’s ecosystem out of balance?
When your gut is off balance, it doesn’t work properly, which manifests into the symptoms listed above.
In today’s current world crisis, you cannot afford to have a compromised immune system.
Did you know that your moods, brain functionality and mental well being is influence by our gut microbes who manufacture most of our FEEL- GOOD neurotransmitter serotonin? Seeding and feeding the microbiome will result in healthier and happier people.
On the other side, many diseases, particularly stomach and immune dis-eases can be traced back to not enough good bugs being hosted in your gut. Microbes are also often called bugs.
Kefir is made up of billions of good bioactive compounds, comprising of mainly lactobacillus species. Probiotic diversity is key when it comes to gut health. You want as many different types of good bacteria as possible, there must be enough of them and you want them to be absorbed easily by the gut.
So what is kefir?
Kefir is a fermented beverage, which is an ancient functional food. Kefir is a mesophilic symbiotic culture (Scobie), a symbiotic culture of lactic acid bacteria and yeasts embedded in a matrix of proteins, lipids, and polysaccharides (thank you Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kefir) working together to benefit the host (our gut, mouth, skin).
Kefir contains large varieties of beneficial microbes. Milk kefir has been known to have around 30 different types of bacteria and water kefir 12.
Kefir is a source of nutrients (Proteins, calcium, phosphorus, B12, Vit K, magnesium, Vit D.
There is information that says that the word ‘kefir’ comes from a Turkish word meaning ‘good feeling’.
What sets nume S.A. apart?
nume S.A. kefir is
- Made using the best quality raw ingredients and fermented with live kefir grains/cultures
- Able to provide microbial diversity – which is key to seeding the gut. The more strains, the better
- Is a powerful functional food
- Helping South Africans achieve a better quality of life from the inside out
- nume S.A. milk kefir takes several days to ferment using the traditional kefir fermenting process which has existed for thousands of years, ensuring low to no lactose in the finished product
- nume S.A. water kefir is fermented slowly using a first and second ferment brewing method
- nume S.A. considers the farming of microbes a privilege and an honour. We intention our kefir to improve lives from the inside out. We use ancient fermentation methods (aka as traditional fermentation) to make our kefir
- nume S.A. kefir is not mass produced so the batches will vary in colour, taste, clarity, sediment, consistency and carbonation. Naturally farmed biological created functional foods, like fruit and kefir vary from crop to crop. And like any real food will continue to ripen/ferment and this will change in appearance, texture and taste.
Our kefir cannot be
- Compared to yogurt. Kefir contains billions more probiotics per ml
- Priced like a milkshake or drinking yogurt which is made in less than a day
- Be compared to a mass produced kephir
Our company will
- Follow all safe food manufacture processes as laid out by the authorities
- Pay our team/workers
- Obey the law
- Be SARS compliant
- Honour one another in our sphere of influence
Our company will not
- Compromise on the power of the product by cutting corners to cut down on price
- Make or sell an inferior product
- Devalue the traditional process to fit into the mainstream
nume S.A. kefir exists to help everyone achieve better health by providing quality fermented whole functional foods that seed and balance the gut microbiome